Bitterroot Maclay Ranch is among the oldest homesteads in western Montana’s Bitterroot Valley that has remained in the same family for generations. With views of the Sapphire, Rattlesnake, and Bitterroot Mountains, it rests between two mountain ranges with two creeks flowing through, just a few miles away from the vibrant and historic Missoula community. With 2,669± total acres, this expansive property offers countless possibilities! Whether raising crops and cattle or enjoying the recreational and gaming opportunities, this land has something for everyone.
Recreation is boundless, with millions of acres of public land directly adjacent to the property. The Bitterroot River, flowing through the center of the valley, provides world class trout fishing. Natural wildlife includes bear, fox, whitetail deer, seasonal waterfowl, and elk, just to name a few. The property conveys generous water rights, utilizing four pivots which support a livestock operation. A paved highway provides easy access to nearby restaurants, shopping, services, and air transportation.
These 2,669± acres in the desirable Western Montana climate will be offered in tracts, combinations, or as an entirety. Check back daily for more information.
- 2,669± deeded acres
- 603± irrigated acres with excellent water rights, CLICK HERE
- 58± additional acres of sub irrigated ground
- 5,000± square foot log and timber frame lodge
- .75± mile of Squaw Creek through ranch
- 2.5± miles of McClain Creek (seasonal) through the ranch
- 5 pivot systems in place
- Incredible populations of elk, deer, bear, game and migratory birds
- 1.75± miles of USFS border
- 1.5± miles of Montana state land border
- Additional 640± state-leased acres
- 14 miles to Missoula
- Offered in tracts, combinations or as an entirety
With 11 distinct parcels, there is a wide range of possibilities for land division, including a 2± acre home site, three 5± home sites, several gentleman’s ranchettes, a custom log home, irrigated land, pastureland, and recreational tracts. The parcels range from 2± acres to 960± acres.
26 deeded parcels being offered in 11 tracts adding value to conservation or development buyers.
Please refer to the sales map for a visual depiction of proposed parcels and acreage.